Community Living BC » Find Professionals

Are you looking for specific professionals to work with your child? In order to access autism funding for children under six, parents must employ professionals who are on the Registry of Autism Service Providers (RASP). Search the RASP here. For children over 6 (and for all other professionals that may or may not be listed in the RASP), we hope that our Professionals Directory (below) will help you find who you are looking for.

Tip: You will want to use the “Select Category” drop down menu below to narrow down your search, or you can use the Search box.

Please note: If you encounter any listing that is out of date, we would love to know about it. Please contact us.  Also if you know about a professional not yet listed in our database, you can add a listing to our directory here.


Community Living BC

Work Suite 140 – 1060 Manhattan Drive Kelowna BC V1Y 9X9 Work 444 Ellis Street Penticton BC V2A 4M2 Work Suite 201, 2802 – 30th Street Vernon BC V1T 8G7 Work Phone: Kelowna: 250-712-3610Work Phone: Penticton: 250-487-4436Work Phone: Vernon: Phone: 250-549-5490Website: communitylivingbc
Photo of Community Living BC

Biographical Info

Community Living BC (CLBC), a provincial crown agency mandated under the Community Living Authority Act, delivers supports and services to adults with developmental disabilities and their families in British Columbia. CLBC is working to create communities where people with developmental disabilities have more choices about how they live, work and contribute.

CLBC funds supports and services to help adults with developmental disabilities and their families achieve their goals and live the life they want. CLBC funded supports are delivered through service agencies and help eligible adults meet their disability related needs and participate in meaningful ways in the community.

CLBC funded supports can include:

Helping to find housing options that encourage independence while meeting an individuals’ unique needs

Family support

Connections with community services to support individuals, families or caregivers
Community inclusion supports that focus on employment, social and life skills

What is the Personalized Supports Initiative (PSI)?

CLBC introduced the Personalized Supports Initiative (PSI) in February 2010 to provide supports which are separate from the CLBC services for people with developmental disabilities. The PSI provides services to adults who have both significant limitations in adaptive functioning and either a diagnosis of Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) or Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). ASD is also known as Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD).

Types of Support

Supported Living
Shared Living
Staffed Residential
Community Inclusion
Skill Development
Support for Individuals and Families
Home-maker services
Support Coordination

Youth in Transition

For youth with special needs and their families transition refers to the move from childhood to adult life. To create a smooth transition from childhood to adult life families need to begin transition planning long before a youth turns 19.

Individualized Funding

Individualized Funding (IF) provides individuals and families with flexible, person-centred, self-directed payment options for arranging, managing, and paying for supports and services.

Categories: - List by Region, Adult Services, Central Okanagan, Community Living, Government Programs, North Okanagan, Resources, South Okanagan, Youth Services

Recently added to our Directory


Okanagan Family Autism Connection does not interview the professionals or resources listed in this directory, nor do we guarantee anyone's references or qualifications. We highly recommend you do your due diligence and perform a criminal record check as well as confirm references before hiring any person or agency.